google.com, pub-2829829264763437, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Friday, December 29, 2017

Finding a Job

Finding a Job or Writing a Cover Letter


Okay, so here I am at the end of my undergraduate career and at the beginning of a new exciting period in my life, my real, or job and employment related career. Yes, I have graduated, and from a successful, reputed university… But what now?

I’ve studied different subjects, from finance to literature to psychology. I am the proud possessor of two academic (bachelor) degrees, but is that it? After all, intellectual accomplishments fail to pay the bills, so to speak, or do they?

First, I need to find a career and a job. Since I completed a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in accounting (BComm) I would like to find a job as an accountant, and not as a bookkeeper, as an accountant. Therefore, I have to write a CV. My impressive job resume (okay it may not seem that impressive to everyone) includes various core soft and hard skills, and academic achievement including graduate experience, research laboratory work and graduation with honors, even awards. But what about work experience? Perhaps, I better keep my CV in a functional structure for now. Finally, some friends of mine and I put together this Website about CV, resume, cover letter writing, tips, guidelines, samples, examples and templates. Absolutely free, hope you find what you’re looking for, just remember absolutely no warranties whatsoever!

A ballet dancer doing her job. Image: Elena

Writing a CV and a cover letter is naturally a very important part in the process of looking for a job. Indeed, in this day and age, finding gainful employment may be a difficult and challenging task, not only because of all the competition, but also because employers are fine-tuning their requirements for the increasingly little that has to be done, ironically. Indeed, human work is getting more and more computerized and outsourced, so finding a job is becoming harder and harder everyday, at least as compared to our not so distant ancestors for the Industrial Revolution, when people could not yet fathom what a computer is and what it will represent to people of the future, or in other words, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave you comment here. Thank you.