google.com, pub-2829829264763437, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Monday, December 18, 2017

Earth Flowers

Earth Flowers


For millions of years, flowers have dotted the landscape of this planet and the flowering plants are among the most diverse classes of life on the Earth.

Their biological function is to effect reproduction. Indeed, their evolutionary method – using scent and color reproduce -has proven to be highly effective. The general assumption is that the function of flowers, from the start, was to trick other creatures – animals and insects – in the reproduction process and make them scatter pollen and nectar. This symbiotic relationship, with a wasp or a bee bearing pollen from one plant to another, could have eventually resulted in both the plants and their partners developing a high degree of specialization.

But all scientific reasons for flowers beautiful colors are irrelevant. In fact, no other reason for a flower’s beauty exists in the Great Cosmos except our ability to enjoy their exquisite splendor.

Thus flowers are a testimony that the world is designed for our full enjoyment, as there could have been many other ways to allow for plant species to reproduce. So the flowers exist to make the world more beautiful so that we could have the pleasure of enjoying it.

Below is a collection of pictures of flowers for your viewing pleasure, gifts from a nice and clever extraterrestrial ambassador on the Earth, a scientist and one of the greatest artists in the whole Universe, famous Megan Jorgensen:

Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself (Quotations from Megan Jorgensen), Image by Elena
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. (Oscar Wilde, a British playwright). There are always flowers for those who want to see them. (Henri Matisse, a French artist). Image : © Elena

I don’t paint things. I only paint the difference between things. (Henri Matisse, a French artist). Image : © Elena


Flower Poem
Have you ever heard
of a flower that never needs
Water, soil, or sunshine?
A flower that stays in full bloom
Through summer and winter
Through good times and bad
A flower that rarely gets smaller,
growing endlessly.
A few lost petals,
A little droop,
but, without a doubt,
it will always regrow
into something more beautiful.
I have one of those.
I call it Love.
Aldora Sparrow, Flower Poem. Image : © Elena

Across from the mountains, A little house sits in the tree’s, I’m lost in tranquility, As my soul tries to breath. (© Wind Walker). Image : © Elena

«You are a child of the universe, No less than the trees and the stars, You have a right to be here; And whether or not it is clear to you No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should» — Max Ehrmann, American writer, born in 1872 and dead in 1945, from The Desiderata). Image : © Elena

I can’t help but feel defeated, but I hope and pray you could stay with me. (Quotations from Megan Jorgensen). Image : © Elena
«We are living in a time when flowers are trying to live on flowers, instead of on good rain and black loam.» (Ray Bradbury, an American writer). Image : © Elena


Fear Poem
What is Fear?
Fear Itself Is Undefined
I lay on my bed soaking my pillow with my tears,
I try to remember exactly what it is that I fear.
Is it the passing of time or the love that I lack?
Is it the mistakes that I’ve made or the fact that I can’t bring the past back?
What is it that I’m afraid of?
Why am I so scared?
Is it the people I’ve hurt or the people that have hurt me?
Am I afraid of everything that I cant seem to see?
Is it the love of a friend, or the loss of my family?
Is it the possibility that my life can end in a tragedy?
What is it that I fear most?
What do my eyes say I’m scared of?
Is it the sun that sets but won’t seem to rise?
Is it the hope that I have that always seems to die?
Is it the trust of a person that I cannot begin to grasp?
Is it all the memories of my horrid past?
Is it me?
Can it possibly be that the thing I fear most is the thing I can’t be?
The things that I try to understand?
The me that I try to be with when I’m feeling sad?
The person I’m expected to be? Is that what I fear? . . .
I think the thing I fear most . . .is me
Bianca Flores, Fear Itself Is Undefined. Image : © Elena

«I love my past. I love my present. I’m not ashamed of what I’ve had, and I’m not sad because I have it no longer.» ‘ Colette, a famous Quebec journalist. Image : © Elena

«Life is the flower for which love is the honey.» (Victor Hugo, a great French writer). Image : © Elena

«Too many people realize at the end of their lives that they’ve taken for granted those who really love them.» (Lesley M.M. Blume, American journalist and cultural observer). Image : © Elena

«Whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it’s because that desire originated in the sould of the universe. It’s your mission on Earth.» (Paulo Coelho). Image : Elena


Do I dare Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
T.S. Eliot, American poet. Image : © Elena


«Our heaven is their hell, said God. I like a balanced Universe.» (Margaret Atwood). Image : © Elena

Redeemed humanity is still young, it has hardly come to its full strength. But already there is joy enough in the little finger of a great saint such as yonder lady to waken all the dead things of the universe into life.» — C.S. Lewis. Image : © Elena
«Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.» (Joseph Campbell, an American mythologist and writer). Image : © Elena
«I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.» (Oprah Winfrey). Image : © Elena
«Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.» Marcel Proust. Image : © Elena
«To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.» (David Viscott, an American psychiatrist and author). Image : © Elena

«If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.» (Alfred Lord Tennyson). Image : © Elena



This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.
(J.R.R. Tolkien). Image : © Elena

«You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.» (Pablo Neruda, a Chilean poet). Image : © Elena

«Knowledge is a Bed of Roses; for Every Beautiful Flower, there are a Dozen Thorns to Match». (Joshua Caleb). Image : ©  Elena

«Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process.» (Anne Wilson Schaef, a Canadian philosopher). Image : © Elena

«In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainty comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live.» (Robert James Waller, an American author and musician). Image : © Elena


«A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.» (Madeleine L’Engle, Americain writer, born in 1818 and passed away in 2007). Image : © Elena

«You are an Universe of Universes and your soul a source of songs.» (Ruben Darío, a Nicaraguan poet). Image : Sunflower graffiti in Montreal, Quebec, Canada by © Elena
«I’m sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It’s just been too intelligent to come here.» (Arthur C. Clarke). Image : © Elena


«The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life.» (Martin Amis, a British writer). Image : © Elena

«Before creation I alone was, there was no other existence of the nature of cause and effect different from Me. After the creative cycle ends also, I alone exist. For, this universe is also Myself, and when everything is dissolved in its cause in Pralaya, what remains is only Myself.» (Veda Vyasa, celui qui a réuni les Veda). Image : © Elena

You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.» (Alan Wilson Watts British born philosopher and writer).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave you comment here. Thank you.